WHAT CAN OPEN CINEMA DO FOR MY SERVICE?
Open Cinema is unique in offering structured engagement for vulnerable people through film-related activities. Participating agencies benefit from belonging to a nationwide community of best practice and innovation. Open Cinema can raise an agency’s external profile and internal sense of achievement, though hosting a professional cultural service with regular visits from esteemed experts in the film and other industries.
The model is designed to encourage a range of life skills to participants, including increased confidence, sociability, cultural and linguistic literacy, sense of purpose and aptitude towards engagement in further activities and services. Participation in the filmmaking workshops increases both life and media skills, with resulting gains in employability.
WHY WORK WITH OPEN CINEMA?
There are many benefits of working with Open Cinema in delivering an exciting and engaging film service to your clients.
- Assistance with equipment and setting up a cinema at a reduced rate
- Full season on DVD - includes 12 films in total
- Screening License registered and delivered annually, covering all films for 1 year
- Professionally designed & printed flyers and posters for marketing to your clients
- Film Programming Services
- Organisation of Guest Speakers through our extensive contacts and support in the film industry
- An Open Cinema Coordinator to ensure smooth running of each screening
- Trained volunteers (if required) to assist the Coordinator
- Access to annual special events and projects across the UK-wide Open Cinema network
HOW DOES MY ORGANISATION BECOME AN OPEN CINEMA?
Open Cinema screenings are real cinema experiences and it's important to maintain a high standard of quality across our network and to present the fundamentals of what certifies a venue as an Open Cinema. To be part of the Open Cinema Network you must be able to provide the following:
- A space in your building which can accommodate your regular visitors, incorporating a screen or wall that can be projected onto (the larger the better)
- Funds to support the procurement and installation of the projection and sound equipment
- Funding to maintain the membership subscription to Open Cinema
However, we understand that there may be some organisations that would like to be involved but lack various aspects of equipment to meet these standards. Open Cinema can help your organisation to meet these requirements through partner services offering discounts to the Open Cinema Network. Please contact us for more details.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Before launching, Open Cinema will help you procure and install high definition screening equipment – negotiated at preferential rates with our partners – tailored to fit the communal space selected for the cinema.
Before the start of each new season, Open Cinema will deliver to you a package containing everything you need for the coming season including professionally designed & printed flyers & posters, DVDs, film exhibition licenses, and invitations to special guests to introduce films during the season.
All you need to do is select the scheduling for the weekly screenings to suit your existing arrangements. Open Cinema can help find suitable volunteers from local film or outreach communities. The service includes a paid, part-time Coordinator, generally with film and outreach experience, to oversee the service.
For more information about how your organisation can become an Open Cinema, please read our information pack or contact us